half price drinks for ladies

No TIP renewal available from Vallarta with Res.Temp visa?

Information about Puerto Vallarta for residents and tourists

Moderator: freeeye

No TIP renewal available from Vallarta with Res.Temp visa?

Postby tbh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Today I picked up my new Res.Temp card for my last two years of temporary. Immigration then directed me to the SAT office near Costco for the TIP for my car. When I got to SAT they said I had to go to a different place on Av. Grandes Lagos 236, the UNIRSE building. They promptly sent me back to the SAT office.

Back at SAT I finally got someone who spoke a little English and she said I had to go to GDL or Colima to get the TIP and that is was not available through any place in Vallarta. She also gave me a number in GDL to call, which I did, and they spoke no English at all. Hello wall.

I cannot believe that we can't do this from the Vallarta area -- there are too many expats with cars here for me not to have heard of such a thing. Can anyone help? Thanks.
tbh

Re: No TIP renewal available from Vallarta with Res.Temp vis

Postby waltandjean » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Haha, they want your deposit. :evil:
waltandjean

Postby Georgia52 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, (this is the way it worked for us) you go to Aduana in PV and fill out a form to extend and tie your TIP to the date on your RT.
Georgia52

Postby tbh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:16 pm

Georgia52 wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, (this is the way it worked for us) you go to Aduana in PV and fill out a form to extend and tie your TIP to the date on your RT.

So we can still do it from here without going to GDL? I later saw some posts from a couple years ago to that effect on another forum but there were no details other than to go to the Aduana at the airport. Is it then sent by courier or DHL? Do you remember what all they wanted since it is a renewal and not an original? I suppose:

Passport
RT card
Proof of insurance?
Title? again?

I just discovered still another forum that may have discussed this same topic. Trying to find it now.
tbh

Postby tbh » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:07 am

I just talked to Spencer's office in Chapala and they said that I should go to aduana at the airport and that they would handle it. I will post a followup with details after going there so there will be a current posting about the procedure from the Vallarta area.
tbh

Postby kcowan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:08 am

The aduana has to send the paperwork to GDL. Should take a Mexican week.
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby tbh » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:13 pm

For my renewal, this was what they required today in the Vallarta Airport Aduana:

2 copies passport, main page
2 copies R.T. card, both sides
2 copies original brown TIP certificate
2 copies last years signed, dated renewal form with Recibido stamp
Patience

I walked out with the new signed, dated renewal form with Recibido stamp.
Aduana said they will forward it all to Mexico City.

For anyone not familiar with this facility, I was directed to the entrance facing the highway about where the pedestrian bridge crosses the highway. There are two gray steel doors, unmarked, that you have to knock on to get someone to open and decide whether or not they can do what you need. The hours are described as "open 24/7" but the times when a person who can do this renewal is present (and available) is not certain.
tbh

Return to General Information