half price drinks for ladies

Jalisco Condo Manual

Promote your business or service here for free.
Plug away. Puerto Vallarta related only, please.

Moderator: freeeye

Re: Jalisco Condo Manual

Postby Alphonse » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:10 am

I seriously doubt the SAT can reach out all the internet free rental sites like VRBO or any similar. I mean eventually maybe they will, and when they do I am pretty sure they will have to warn all the foreigners’ owners in the country first. It’s true that one of the major strong industries investment groups who are pushing this SAT law enforcement to be done against the private owners are the big corporations hotels organizations. Either they like it or not they do have a major competition with all the condo and villa owners who rent their places.

But again this is only free will and as Mexican constitutions rights you are entitled to do whatever you wish with your property. Of course the Mexican SAT retribution claims that if you maid an income between a Mexican territory you have to go ahead and declare your income in order to pay taxes from it. But again, did you…?
It’s been a long time that I have found myself with lots of cousin and relatives from USA and CANADA, some of them I even wasn't aware of their barely existences, who happily lend me their condo and villas…..practically for free. Can you imagine that? :wink:

Speaking of wish I am looking right now for a 3 or 4 bedroom condo or villa, on the beach or close by, to host 8 adults, one twelve month’s baby and a four year old boy. You know nothing to fancy just a comfortable place. Send me on email please I will much appreciated. Thanks
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Nietzche
Alphonse

Postby Marcos » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:11 am

There is another article in the PV Mirror this week that goes into more detail than the previously-mentioned article.

While I agree that someone who "rents to friends" and does no advertising whatsoever can probably "get away with it", someone who advertises on VRBO or hires a "rental agent", etc. is taking a chance IMHO.

After all, it only takes one SAT employee with internet access whose only job is to look for condo rentals in PV to throw a monkey wrench into the works. In a day, someone could look up hundreds of potential rentals, send emails to the owners asking for property details, etc. and wait for owners to incriminate themselves.

I believe that this will happen and my reasoning is simple ... I believe that Mexico has a "tax compliance" problem. We all know the vast amount of money that is earned "under the table" here. We hire a plumber or an electrician or whomever and we pay them in cash. We may get a "receipt" but it is not an actual "factura" in many (most?) cases so we can probably assume that the person we hired does not report that income to SAT.

So the Mexican government is looking for ways to make money and, IMHO, an easy way to do it is to "go after" foreigners who buy condos (and houses, too) as investments. Even if SAT only "cracked down" by requiring payment of back taxes, lots of people would take a serious hit. To say nothing of SAT (or some other agency) confiscating the property because the terms of the bank trust were violated.

None of this, of course, will happen today, or this week, or this year. But I believe that it will happen.
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right ... But Three Lefts Do!
Marcos

Postby waltandjean » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:30 pm

You are spot on friend, and much of this is being driven by the UN which is spending millions to show emerging countries how to "capture" more of the revenue than they have been. I'm not being political, just stating a fact that has been going on for several years now.
waltandjean

Postby kcowan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:52 am

I remember Ted and Brisha getting hassled a few years ago. Not only were taxes owing but the cost of utilities were going to be more expensive.
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Previous

Return to Business