Travel Advisory

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: Travel Advisory

Postby MIkeKG » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:58 am

Marcos wrote:
MIkeKG wrote:I am surprised that the American people are allowing this idiot to carry on embarrassing their country worldwide and that the impeachment process has not happened. Just shows that it only takes one sheep to lead the whole flock off a cliff. America is imploding

If one looks up what it takes to actually impeach a sitting President, one will see that the task is darn near impossible, especially when one party holds sway in both the Senate and the House.

It takes 2/3 of the Senate to convict ... in other words 67 Senators. Since the Democrats hold 50 seats (actually 48 plus 2 independents), that means that 17 Republican Senators (33% of the 52 Republican Senators) would have to vote for impeachment ... a monumental task.

Sad that one single person can affect the world in the way this guy is but then there was Hitler so don't ever say never
I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, tequila into urine.
MIkeKG

Postby donemry » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:44 am

MIkeKG wrote:Sad that one single person can affect the world in the way this guy is but then there was Hitler so don't ever say never

Ignoring the rhetoric for a moment, what has he actually DONE that supports your apocalyptic claims? Not what he has said or what you or others think he has said,
donemry

Postby Marcos » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:35 am

MIkeKG wrote:
Marcos wrote:
MIkeKG wrote:I am surprised that the American people are allowing this idiot to carry on embarrassing their country worldwide and that the impeachment process has not happened. Just shows that it only takes one sheep to lead the whole flock off a cliff. America is imploding

If one looks up what it takes to actually impeach a sitting President, one will see that the task is darn near impossible, especially when one party holds sway in both the Senate and the House.

It takes 2/3 of the Senate to convict ... in other words 67 Senators. Since the Democrats hold 50 seats (actually 48 plus 2 independents), that means that 17 Republican Senators (33% of the 52 Republican Senators) would have to vote for impeachment ... a monumental task.

Sad that one single person can affect the world in the way this guy is but then there was Hitler so don't ever say never

True ... BUT there still needs to be evidence of a crime in order to impeach. Just being stupid or inflammatory or <insert your favorite phrase here> isn't a crime. If it were, there would be a crapload of people in jail.
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right ... But Three Lefts Do!
Marcos

Postby jason » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:14 am

Marcos wrote:True ... BUT there still needs to be evidence of a crime in order to impeach. Just being stupid or inflammatory or <insert your favorite phrase here> isn't a crime. If it were, there would be a crapload of people in jail.

The fact that Mueller has filled his team with financial investigators from the IRS should give us some hope. Manafort's indictment includes charges for money laundering. If they do charge Trump with anything I think it will be related to this.
jason

Postby Marcos » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:33 pm

jason wrote:
Marcos wrote:True ... BUT there still needs to be evidence of a crime in order to impeach. Just being stupid or inflammatory or <insert your favorite phrase here> isn't a crime. If it were, there would be a crapload of people in jail.

The fact that Mueller has filled his team with financial investigators from the IRS should give us some hope. Manafort's indictment includes charges for money laundering. If they do charge Trump with anything I think it will be related to this.

Except that (following quotation from an AP article) ... "Manafort's indictment doesn't reference the Trump campaign or make any allegations about coordination between the Kremlin and the president's aides to influence the outcome of the election in Trump's favor."
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right ... But Three Lefts Do!
Marcos

Postby jason » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:39 am

Marcos wrote:Except that (following quotation from an AP article) ... "Manafort's indictment doesn't reference the Trump campaign or make any allegations about coordination between the Kremlin and the president's aides to influence the outcome of the election in Trump's favor."

Thant's certainly the white house spin, but I'm fairly certain the indictments we've seen are the tip of the iceberg for Mueller and this doesn't even address Papadopoulos who has taken a plea and been talking to the FBI for going on a month. His indictment does concern the Trump campaign directly.
jason

Postby MIkeKG » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:38 am

Trump is a good fatherinlaw throughing Jarrod under the bus LMAO what a standup guy
I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, tequila into urine.
MIkeKG

PreviousNext

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...