half price drinks for ladies

TRUMP...

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: TRUMP...

Postby fmr pnw » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:13 am

I am cautiously optimistic. No, I don't think that lazy boy will be impeached -- the Republican party of 2017 is far different from the Republican party of the early 1970s, when Rs stood up to Nixon -- but Ds have been doing very well in State and local elections. Watch the Senate race in Alabama in mid-Dec.

One correction to a comment above: there are 46 Ds, 2 Is (Bernie Sanders and Angus King), and 52 Rs. The Is caucus with the Ds.
fmr pnw

Postby Marcos » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 am

fmr pnw wrote:I am cautiously optimistic. No, I don't think that lazy boy will be impeached -- the Republican party of 2017 is far different from the Republican party of the early 1970s, when Rs stood up to Nixon -- but Ds have been doing very well in State and local elections. Watch the Senate race in Alabama in mid-Dec.

One correction to a comment above: there are 46 Ds, 2 Is (Bernie Sanders and Angus King), and 52 Rs. The Is caucus with the Ds.

My bad on breakdown of the numbers. Yes, 46 Democratic Senators and 2 Independents who caucus with the Democrats.

But it still requires 67 Senators (2/3 majority) to convict which means that 19 Republican Senators (of the current lot) would need to switch.

In 2018, 33 Senate seats are up for re-election. Only 8 of those seats are currently held by Republicans. If all 8 go Democratic, the Senate makeup would be 44 R, 54 D and 2 I. The 2/3 majority would then require 11 Republican Senators to switch sides. Remember that 11 out of 44 is 25% ... a pretty tall order, right?

In 2020, 21 of the 33 Senate seats up for re-election are held by Republicans.
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right ... But Three Lefts Do!
Marcos

Postby Ann » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:32 pm

I keep thinking Trump can't get any worse but, he keeps surprising me. Supposedly, he's had the naval hospital in Puerto Rico removed.
Any one up for a lime margarita?
Ann

Postby Deepwater » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:44 am

Poor Donald takes a lot of flak, can’t be all bad. He pardoned Drumstick the Minnesota turkey....
Sooner I get off this boat I can fly home for a while...Pacifico time..
Deepwater

Postby donemry » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:13 am

Ann wrote:I keep thinking Trump can't get any worse but, he keeps surprising me. Supposedly, he's had the naval hospital in Puerto Rico removed.

I think you are referring to this bit of news. It is hardly negative.

http://wtkr.com/2017/11/20/usns-comfort ... erto-rico/
donemry

Postby waltandjean » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:41 am

A friend asked me what TDS meant (Trump Derangement Syndrome). I directed him to this thread. He just thanked me.
waltandjean

Postby Ann » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:01 am

donemry wrote:
Ann wrote:I keep thinking Trump can't get any worse but, he keeps surprising me. Supposedly, he's had the naval hospital in Puerto Rico removed.

I think you are referring to this bit of news. It is hardly negative.

http://wtkr.com/2017/11/20/usns-comfort ... erto-rico/

Some might disagree. https://shareblue.com/trump-inexplicabl ... e-of-need/
Any one up for a lime margarita?
Ann

PreviousNext

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...