half price drinks for ladies

TRUMP...

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: TRUMP...

Postby van2pv » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:16 am

waltandjean wrote:Trump has not declared Jerusalem to be the capitol ......WTF does any other country think is cool about telling another country where their capitol should be located? I think if you read your history you will see Israel captured Jerusalem fair and square in the 6 Day War and they ain't giving it back, unlike some weenie other countries that apologize for winning a war. If the Arabs want to cut a deal I suspect they could regain the Golan Heights but probably not Jerusalem.
It's fine to not like Trump but you really ought to do a little research before you believe everything you read on Facebook.

Well... it's not from reading Facebook. I agree that it's not cool for another country to dictate their capital as has been done by pumpkin head. That was my point. Here it is from NYT... posted here to save you doing your research. A couple of quotes from article: "President Trump on Wednesday formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, reversing nearly seven decades of American foreign policy and setting in motion a plan to move the United States Embassy from Tel Aviv to the fiercely contested Holy City." and ... "Mr. Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem isolates the United States on one of the world’s most sensitive diplomatic issues. It has drawn a storm of criticism from Arab and European leaders, which swelled on Tuesday night after the White House confirmed Mr. Trump’s plans."
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/world/middleeast/trump-jerusalem-israel-capital.html
Last edited by van2pv on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired and pursuing paradise. If you laugh a lot your wrinkles will be in all the right places.
van2pv

Postby waltandjean » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 am

Thanks........That brilliant article from the NYT does not disagree with anything I wrote. Trump and several other countries, including Guatemala, has finally recognized the same capitol of Israel that Israel itself recognizes. In other words all countries recognize Mexico City as the capitol of Mexico but under the thinking of some loons, since it was captured in a war with the Aztecs, it should not be! Move that rock a little further and maybe you'll see the NYT is not the last word on anything. Gather your facts and make your own case for what you believe in. Don't refer people to "your trusted source of information". Man up and make your own arguments, it will make you sound much more sincere in what you believe than sounding like some moron who attends a rally and picks up and carries whatever pre-made sign they are handed. Your side has a case to make but you do a poor job by just quoting others.
waltandjean

Postby van2pv » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 am

You should run for POTUS. Your derogatory discharge would fit right in.
Retired and pursuing paradise. If you laugh a lot your wrinkles will be in all the right places.
van2pv

Postby dlockesf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am

Gotta be pedantic here...the capitol is a building that is in the capital city. Otherwise no comment.

https://writingexplained.org/capital-vs-capitol
dlockesf

Postby waltandjean » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:47 pm

van2pv wrote:You should run for POTUS. Your derogatory discharge would fit right in.

Thanks, I do laugh a lot so hope my wrinkles are in the right place. Reading this topic provides at least a laugh a day.
Carry on.
waltandjean

Postby Ann » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 am

Shithole countries huh?
Any one up for a lime margarita?
Ann

Postby jimbo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:48 am

Waltandjean quote , " That would sort of be like if you apologized to me for the way the Germans treated my Polish ancestors. " Polish ancestors - hmmmm - are you buying into the shithole country argument ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTzqvrBFXww&app=desktop
jimbo

PreviousNext

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...