half price drinks for ladies

Proud to be Canadian

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Proud to be Canadian

Postby frank » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:44 am

I've never been prouder to be Canadian than I am today!

All Canadians should wear their Canadian flag symbol proudly when traveling in Mexico.
frank

Re: Proud to be Canadian

Postby Canadian Jimmy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:08 pm

Did we do something special that I am unaware of? Or are you simply feeling particularly arrogant as you are not a US citizen whose country just elected a wholly unprepared crazy man to be president?

Sorry but Canada has not done anything special in the last few days, actually we cut transfer payments for medical services and we continue to sell arms and armored vehicles to the Saudi government.

I am very proud to be Canadian as we have several systems in place that have created a somewhat more equitable system, but only somewhat more. Children still go hungry, mentally ill people are turned away and make up a vast portion of the homeless population, and we have massive costs for post secondary education.

From one Canadian to another, be proud, but also be modest. Both are valuable qualities.
Canadian Jimmy

Postby rabihorcada » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 pm

I agree with you, Jimmy, for the most part. But today, I will make an exception. Because I am feeling particularly shamed about being a citizen of the US. I truly understand the anger and frustration our citizens feel with the US government, but to choose such a horrible personality and unfathomable con man for president is not the way out of our present situation.

My only hope is that at this point, people who voted for Trump will have a chance to realize that they have been duped once again. They will not have their jobs back, they will not be safer, the economy will not recover, they will not have the healthcare they need, and the world will hate them even more for their lack of humanity.

The empire is going to fall really hard, which is probably not as bad a thing as my nightmares predict. We shall see.

And may all of you Canadians have the good fortune to never have to face the dilemmas of being a super power.
rabihorcada
Site Admin

Postby frank » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Canadian Jimmy wrote:Did we do something special that I am unaware of? Or are you simply feeling particularly arrogant as you are not a US citizen whose country just elected a wholly unprepared crazy man to be president?
From one Canadian to another, be proud, but also be modest. Both are valuable qualities.

Sorry Canadian Jimmy but I feel changing our boarder regulations to allow Mexican Citizen entry into Canada without a Visa is a big thing and very special!

I do agree with you on the fact that being proud and modest are both valuable qualities. And will leave arrogance to the country that does it best.
frank

Postby donemry » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:41 am

rabihorcada wrote:I agree with you, Jimmy, for the most part. But today, I will make an exception. Because I am feeling particularly shamed about being a citizen of the US. I truly understand the anger and frustration our citizens feel with the US government, but to choose such a horrible personality and unfathomable con man for president is not the way out of our present situation.

My only hope is that at this point, people who voted for Trump will have a chance to realize that they have been duped once again. They will not have their jobs back, they will not be safer, the economy will not recover, they will not have the healthcare they need, and the world will hate them even more for their lack of humanity.

The empire is going to fall really hard, which is probably not as bad a thing as my nightmares predict. We shall see.

And may all of you Canadians have the good fortune to never have to face the dilemmas of being a super power.

Or not. Time will tell. The outcome will not be as dire as some declare nor as rosy as others dream.
donemry

Postby sampati » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:05 am

rabihorcada wrote:I agree with you, Jimmy, for the most part. But today, I will make an exception. Because I am feeling particularly shamed about being a citizen of the US. I truly understand the anger and frustration our citizens feel with the US government, but to choose such a horrible personality and unfathomable con man for president is not the way out of our present situation.

I never realized that there were so many stupid people in the U.S. who could be conned by the likes of D. Trump. I am awestruck by the stupidity of the people who believed that he could accomplish even a fraction of what he promised. I cannot believe what has happened to my country. Sad.
sampati

Postby norcali » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:34 am

People give him a chance. Obama didn't do all he promised nether will Trump. lets see what he can do with Congress they are the real power in government. If you can't wait you can try Canada or Mexico. Have a great day
norcali

Next

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...