half price drinks for ladies

Michigan Recount

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: Michigan Recount

Postby waltandjean » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:14 pm

Ronald wrote:I totally understand and even agree with the need for recounts when there is a reason to believe that it is too close to count between the winner and the closest loser, but for the life of me I don't understand why what amounts to a third party candidate or group who didn't and doesn't have a chance in hell of coming from third place to first would even be allowed to call for a recount.

Obviously I do not know the real reason for demanding a recount, just what I read. One thing I know for sure is that if Jill Stein really wanted Hilary to win she would not have run. She is the perfect Ralph Nader who also made sure someone else won. What I read is that the whole idea is to demand a hand recount in the 3 states where it is legally possible. The story then says the hope is that this cannot be physically possible before the deadline to certify the electors in that state. Thus the hope is to deny DJT the 270 electoral votes he needs. The election then goes to the House where DJT will be SELECTED as POTUS and to the Senate where Pence will be SELECTED as the VP. In this way the Left hopes to diminish the legitimacy of Trump, much as Bush was SELECTED by the SCOTUS. I have no idea if this is true or not but it does seem to have a grain of truthfulness.
waltandjean

Postby van2pv » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:45 am

For those who don't know: POTUS is "President of the United States" and SCOTUS- Supreme Court Of The United States.
Retired and pursuing paradise. If you laugh a lot your wrinkles will be in all the right places.
van2pv

Postby ELLABEAR » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:18 am

I always work up to the day of departure too.
but these are extreme circumstances with a lot of loose ends left behind. I don't like that feeling.

This is supposed to be over and we are re doing everything, by hand.
The coordination for a county our size is huge.
How can they say my life is not a success? Have I not for more than sixty years got enough to eat and escaped being eaten?
ELLABEAR

Postby iyamscifi2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 am

just askin here.

if they do a recount and trump didn't win---what happens?
iyamscifi2

Postby TomDane » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:55 pm

iyamscifi2 wrote:just askin here.

if they do a recount and trump didn't win---what happens?

Vladimir Putin will put his expansion plans on hold.
TomDane

Postby waltandjean » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Without getting too political or too long winded, just remember (if you're old enough) the fear and anger the US had after the USSR put those missles in Cuba. Now NATO is doing almost the reverse to Russia. Trying to bring Ukraine into that alliance to completely encircle Russia might not be the smartest idea if you don't want to provoke Putin. I'm no Putin lover but it's good to be able to put yourself in the other guy's position.
waltandjean

Postby rabihorcada » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:23 pm

I Always work right to the day of my departure every year...no biggie...just makes the reward even sweeter!!!

Eltiburon, I don't think you understand the scope of ellabear's job here. This is not anything like "normal work", when you have to do a laborious hand recount of the votes for a US presidential election. Due to the deadline for this recount, they are predicting 2 solid weeks of work, including weekends and evenings. I am afraid that this is indeed a "biggie", the likes of which you never experience in your work.
rabihorcada
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...