half price drinks for ladies

Michigan Recount

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: Michigan Recount

Postby eltiburon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:40 pm

When I got engineers standing over top of me on the roof of the 8th floor in a snowstorm pressuring me to get a 30ton Trane Hvac unit up and running again before a very large MCC room overheats and shuts down the new 2 billion dollar carbon capture facility at boundary dam power plant ..,..maybe a little pressure
Or perhaps when I'm being yelled at and dirty looks by dozens of very hot,mean boilermakers to get portable a/c units running while sweating my ass off on the 12 th floor in 125F temps( yes not a typo) not including humidity .....
Or trying to work on 600 volt control panel in rain and not getting electrocuted....
Trust me Sarah ..... I see pressure...and I don't consider my job normal .....if it was everybody would be doing it.....a lot of mine can be more hazardous to life and limb, maybe not same kind of stress but we all got it!!!
That's why PV is so important to us....it's a place to regain some sanity, calm the nerves, get blood pressures down, forget the insanity for awhile!!!!
There's been many a day when i wished i was sitting in front of a computer in the comfort of a nice 68F office instead of busting my back (literally) and other parts while providing those comforts....but then I think how bored I would be, I've always liked hard physical work and I'm sure it will be the death of me some day lol
Anyways, enjoy your hard earned trip Ella, I'm sure you earned it more than most!
My time ain't till Jan.as usual...I like to try to go during the coldest month to spare myself at least a couple weeks of frost bite and frozen toes!!!
Cheers
"People with small minds who live in small worlds often think that the whole world is small."
Rick Hepting
eltiburon

Postby rabihorcada » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:40 am

Well, if that is what you deal with on your last day of work before flying down here, then I will agree with you that it is stressful. But I certainly would not say that this is "no biggie".
I would say that you both have earned a vacation, probably more than most.
rabihorcada
Site Admin

Postby Ronald » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:56 pm

You think you guys got stress... well let me tell you, my staff are driving me nuts, I asked maintenance to paint my office while I was away at meetings. They walked in, grabbed my nice oak office desk and tried to pull it away from the wall... took the side right out of it.. fell so hard it broke the shelves. Then one of the numbnuts decided to empty everything in the desks into a cardboard box or two, and threw my desk out. Put in a small old one instead. Then they told me I just priced out a new one; same desk $ 1600 . . Another one just locked both sets of keys to one of our vehicles inside and expect me to know how to get in. I'm so happy with them, that 28 of them are coming with me to PV. :lol: :lol:

Geez Shawn: quit your bitchin... You got a good super paying job in a shit part of southern saskatchewan. One out of two ain't bad.
Anything worth fighting for, is worth fighting dirty for
Ronald

Postby eltiburon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Ronald wrote:
Geez Shawn: quit your bitchin... You got a good super paying job in a shit part of southern saskatchewan. One out of two ain't bad.

You're right Ronald, I do live in shitville... Could be worse though, I could live in the remote arctic areas of say......LaRonge :lol:
Although we did just get 3 straight days of pounding snow, I got my work truck stuck trying to back into my driveway yesterday ( nothing better than shivering and throwing down kitty litter at 6am just to get to work :oops: )and today had to pull my bosses van out of the intersection twice !!!
Smashed my knuckle on a pipe wrench yesterday, an hour later my co worker smashed my finger on other hand with hammer and today I got chemical burn from evap coil cleaner on fingers,....I need a cervesa lol :shock:
45 more days...can't come fast enough now that winter has arrived with a vengeance !!!
"People with small minds who live in small worlds often think that the whole world is small."
Rick Hepting
eltiburon

Postby Ann » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:29 am

Obviously off topic but, when I see references to SCOTUS, my mind thinks of SCROTUM. Just sayin.
Any one up for a lime margarita?
Ann

Postby kcowan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:21 am

I have to admit that I am feeling some empathy for eltiburon. I remember those days (although the visceral memory is fading after 14 years!).

I have another buddy who comes down from WI between shifts. We had a beer yesterday at the beach. He had a few white russians. He comes down for 50 days at 3-5 days a shot during the year. Mostly alone. Sometimes with wife daughter and her latest boyfriend. Great family!
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby Ronald » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:25 pm

I too have sympathy for Shawn and that whole area he lives in. Would not want to be doing that work either, no matter what he gets paid. Here we are in the far north of the province and have a light dusting of snow... lake still not frozen, temperature just around 0 Celsius with no wind, and then we turn on the news and see North Dakota covered in so much snow that the tents they live in collapsing :lol: :lol: which just reinforces that we live in the northern version of Paradise.

It's just that the PV version of Paradise supports our desire for rest, relaxation, liquor, hot sand, no work, and partying with our friends.

BTW: Ella... we haven't seen you for quite a while.. Say hi to your better half from Sheila and myself. We will be in PV on January 1st. I'll have one for both of you at Rick's/
Anything worth fighting for, is worth fighting dirty for
Ronald

PreviousNext

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...