half price drinks for ladies

The tipping minefield that is PV.....

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: The tipping minefield that is PV.....

Postby kcowan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:06 am

Also the CC company takes a cut first. DDs on the beach actually has an insert saying to tip in cash for this reason!

(I don't know how tipping out can work consistently with cash but I suppose any restaurant can make it work.)
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby EHHackney » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:35 am

We try to pay in cash at restaurants. Twice we had credit cards canceled because the card had been comprised. The CC company caught it & said it probably was a restaurant. Before that, I decided to try the CC for the meal and a cash tip. Twice the restaurant added a tip! I know at least one time I wrote a zero on the CC receipt for the tip.
EHHackney

Postby PerroSucio » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Fajita Republic on Basilio Basilio. There menú states right on it 15% is added to the total bill. The beach restaurantes at Boca also add 15% to there bills.
No one is on their death bed wishing they had spent more time at work...
PerroSucio

Location: Transcona, Manitoba, & Colonia Benito Juarez , Jalisco, Pto. Vallarta

Postby corona4me » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:53 am

PerroSucio, Are you the same person that ran a sausage stand that bore your name in Verrsalles behind El Polo Pepe?
corona4me

Postby PerroSucio » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:49 am

corona4me wrote:PerroSucio, Are you the same person that ran a sausage stand that bore your name in Verrsalles behind El Polo Pepe?

Nope, not me.
No one is on their death bed wishing they had spent more time at work...
PerroSucio

Location: Transcona, Manitoba, & Colonia Benito Juarez , Jalisco, Pto. Vallarta

Postby Marcos » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:25 am

dlockesf wrote:Just to repeat what has been said before: If you use a credit card, try to tip in cash. If you put the tip on the card, the money goes to the restaurant and some restaurant take a cut before sending it to the employees.

When I used my CC in the US (I don't use one here), I would always write (on the tip line) "tip in cash". I did not write 0 (zero) or simply draw a line thru the line since those can be "fudged" as happened to a friend of mine. He wrote 0 (zero) and the waiter added a 1 ahead of the zero "after the fact" (it was a $40 dinner). The guy was particularly anal (reviewed every charge on his CC because he kept all of the receipts and matched them against the bill) and caught it when he received his bill.

Crap like this happens everywhere. I find it much easier here in PV to be on a cash basis.
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right ... But Three Lefts Do!
Marcos

Postby kcowan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:43 am

We have never had a problem using our no fee CC here in PV nor in Europe. The chip and PIN seems to have foiled the thieves. Often I have to go up to the cashier to enter the PIN, but that is a small price to pay to avoid fraud. By then we are usually ready to head out anyway and guests are heading to the washroom before leaving.

There is a growing use of tableside PIN entry but mostly at expensive restaurants. The one exception is Barcelona Tapas and I assume that so few people use AMEX that they have not needed them yet.
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

PreviousNext

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...