half price drinks for ladies

The tipping minefield that is PV.....

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: The tipping minefield that is PV.....

Postby edmontonmen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:30 pm

We pay in cash period. Yes cc can be used but MAY be compromised at a time when we need them - we travel lots and may need them for a medical emergency. So if we plan on Trio and figure we will spend 3000 pesos we bring cash.

Our standard tip in Vallarta for restaurants is 20% - lousy service will get you 10-15, exceptional is 25% - maybe more. If the bill states service is included we study it carefully and if we have concerns will reduce it - easy to do with cash.

i wish the poster would share the name of the restaurant - out on a limb but would say it's Anejo Limon as iirc that is the expectation in this resto.
edmontonmen

Postby kcowan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:40 am

Last time at the Hacienda San Angel, when it came time to settle, the waiter offered to reduce the tip from their standard 20% to something less as he acknowledged that they had been busy and ignored us several times (delivering bread, water and dessert). We replied that we were not in a hurry and it was not all his fault. It was a CHIP and PIN CC authorization.
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby Cathy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:46 am

Way out of line edmontonmen! You don't know the restaurant involved so why would you post shit about nothing you know for sure! Bruce's restaurants are amazing and one should tip accordingly but for you to make such a statement only speaks on who you are!
Cathy

Postby rdalla » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:04 pm

edmontonmen, posting what you did naming a restaurant out of speculation and the fact you are not the original venter is out of line and also reflects badly on you. I think you know this.
rdalla

Postby Deepwater » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:41 pm

A section of the forum titled drunken rants and so on is where I thought I'd write my initial comment, I felt that I fitted the profile as I was drunk and having a good rant. It really doesn't matter where it was, I was really just making my own displeasure about that evening known. It wasn't the place suggested, for arguments sake let's just say it was billy no balls bistro. Good service deserves a good tip but sometimes it's pushed too far. Don't steal the restaurant name please. :?
Sooner I get off this boat I can fly home for a while...Pacifico time..
Deepwater

Postby teatrolimon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:35 pm

i stopped being so active on these boards a long time ago. Some people have two faces. One that can sit behind a keyboard and play in a sandbox and the others that actually just move over to reality
the reality of the original post, is in all fairness a reality here in PV

and no i do not and have never added a gratuity ( one prerogative ) on anyone's bill unless it was aranged prior to dining with us
have a nice evening

bruce

oh and really. no apology neccesary
teatrolimon

Postby Cathy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:35 am

Always the class act Bruce! Hope to see you soon Amigo! Hugs to Julia and yourself!
Cathy

PreviousNext

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...