half price drinks for ladies

Got a ticket yesterday

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: Got a ticket yesterday

Postby waltandjean » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:27 am

Traffic fines in Mexico are pegged to minimum daily wage rates. X times the minimum for the different infractions. So the average person can pay and the discount encourages payment. Unpaid tickets go on the car registration renewal for the following year. Careful buying a used car that all tickets have been paid.
waltandjean

Postby MIkeKG » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:53 am

Was driving yesterday and missed seeing a tope a cop pulled me over and was going write me a ticket for "ignoring a Tope" I said the tope wasnt painted with the yellow strips and I just didnt see it, after many minutes of arguing he let me go but I had the feeling he was fishing for a bribe.
I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, tequila into urine.
MIkeKG

Postby rafter » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Probably. I wonder if he could even write you up for that.
rafter

Postby kcowan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:39 am

waltandjean wrote:Careful buying a used car that all tickets have been paid.
All the overdue fines are attached to the title. For us, we bought a 2008 from Aguascalientes in 2011 in Guadalajara and the registration process included the renewals and their prices. They were all around 5000 pesos (compared to 3000 for the title) and I think the guy just preferred that way to pay his fines. We have to keep this record if we ever want to sell our car.
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Previous

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...