half price drinks for ladies

Might be a philistine

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Might be a philistine

Postby Deepwater » Sat May 27, 2017 3:05 am

Recently had a couple of my partners friends stay for a little over a week, one of whom is a teetotal ultra left wing vegetarian. What a challenge. Adapting my routine proved nigh on impossible, I tried hard. At times I thought imminent divorce was a certainty. A lot of the things I've seen done by others and not really understood were now happening in my world, people sharing a salad at the restaurant and drinking tap water yet sitting for hours then scrutinising the check in case the waiter had the audacity to overcharge for said salad. How can a proprietor make a respectable profit from that type of clientele? Going for evening walks rather than evening bar stumbles, approaching mornings with the vigour of a spring hare when normally I view them as unnecessary evils. Spending days neutered, knowing that voicing an opinion would be a risky strategy best avoided. The mask slipped and the wheels came off on day 8, alone at home while the ladies were at a show of some description for their last night in town I indulged in a wine and beer soaked, arrachera infested evening of self healing however they returned early right at the moment I was tearing apart a lump of medium cooked beef and swilling a large glass of red at the kitchen counter. The comments came with the cut and thrust of a rapier, the conversation ended with me alone on the terrace with another large glass of red to contemplate whether the final verbal volley aimed in my direction was true. That I am some kind of philistine, I decided that perhaps I am and happy to be so.
Sooner I get off this boat I can fly home for a while...Pacifico time..
Deepwater

Re: Might be a philistine

Postby van2pv » Sat May 27, 2017 8:15 am

LOL!! Hold your chin high and forge ahead with the rest of us philistines... We never change who we are when newcomers arrive. If they don't like what we do, eat, say, or how we burp, they can always choose to get a hotel room. We don't judge them, and they certainly shouldn't feel entitled to look down their noses at us just because they have elected to eat rabbit food. Cheers!
Retired and pursuing paradise. If you laugh a lot your wrinkles will be in all the right places.
van2pv

Postby waltandjean » Sat May 27, 2017 12:06 pm

We neither stay at others places nor invite them to stay at ours for exactly that reason. Why lose a friendship or have to tiptoe in your own place or theirs? God invented hotels for a good reason.
waltandjean

Postby Deepwater » Sun May 28, 2017 2:18 am

Yes, I take your point and agree wholeheartedly. Kind of wish the big chap had omitted teetotal vegetarians over hotel creation but that's another subject.
Sooner I get off this boat I can fly home for a while...Pacifico time..
Deepwater

Postby freeeye » Sun May 28, 2017 9:04 am

I've met a few vegans/vegetarians who were not total bores, but not many. Their sense of entitlement and moral supremacy astounds me. No offense....

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby dlockesf » Sun May 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Their sense of entitlement and moral supremacy astounds me.

Some of us do it for health reasons. We're the humble, non judgmental ones. We might sneak a rib or an oyster once in a while. If we're boring, it's not because of our diet.
dlockesf

Postby kcowan » Sun May 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Deepwater wrote:Kind of wish the big chap had omitted teetotal vegetarians over hotel creation but that's another subject.
Many of my aunts and cousins were teetotalers. The rest of us tried to compensate, some more than others.

But we encourage highly judgemental people to stifle it while in our company. We will tolerate some comments about politicians lately but only because of exceptional circumstances.
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Next

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...