half price drinks for ladies

just a question

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: just a question

Postby rafter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:21 am

I understand your point. I guess I just think it is good to point out ills of the world. If that makes some uncomfortable then I think that is a good thing. Many things don't change because people look the other way or turn their heads. I also think the problems the world faces are so vast that it will eventually take a world effort. I guess when you say to grow up you mean that I should see the world as it really is. Which is bunch of independent countries. Well just because you are a sovereign country it does not give you the right to do as you please. Just as just because you are a parent you do not have the right to beat your kids senseless. But you are right in that the world is not that way at present.
rafter

Postby waltandjean » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:27 am

If you enjoy or feel a "need" to express outrage at something like Muslims killing gays or something equally horrible, have at it. Be more cautious if it's something like a country won't cut it's carbon emissions as much as you think they should, like say, China or India. And don't spill your blood and treasure for these types of things. Save it for the time your country actually may be forced into what is called a "just war".
waltandjean

Postby kcowan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:06 am

Did anyone else see the Bountiful BC court ruling?
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby pnlibby » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Regardless of asylum seekers, I was deeply embarrassed that it was so ridiculously hard for people who just wanted to visit Canada to do so before this measure.

I say Bravo
"Let your words be few and seasoned with grace". Mother Ann Lee, founder of the Shaker Movement.
pnlibby

Previous

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...