half price drinks for ladies

just a question

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: just a question

Postby Garf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:27 am

Deepwater wrote:I get your point. Requests to change something that is part of the identity of a country, based on a religious belief is too much.

That's what the First Nations have been saying for the last 500 years.
Keep the dream alive, hit the snooze button.
Garf
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: just a question

Postby Garf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:46 am

MIkeKG wrote:In some places Canada is allowing Sharia Law which has to be stopped, A veiled person can take their gun licence called a PAL and then you go to the local RCMP and get your license by Sharia law they are not required to take the veil off to show their face for the picture ID they then can take that license and go purchase a gun. Google the cases and you'll find Canada is bending over backwards for this and Trudeau has been the worst for allowing this. We need him out!!!!!!!


Not sure if you're just stirring the pot to create controversy, or if you're really fucking stupid.

There is NOT sharia law in Canada,.....To implement sharia law would involve completely rewriting the Canadian constitution which is something every province and territory would have to mutually agree to, something that would never happen in a million years.
Keep the dream alive, hit the snooze button.
Garf
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: just a question

Postby MIkeKG » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:01 am

Garf wrote:
MIkeKG wrote:In some places Canada is allowing Sharia Law which has to be stopped, A veiled person can take their gun licence called a PAL and then you go to the local RCMP and get your license by Sharia law they are not required to take the veil off to show their face for the picture ID they then can take that license and go purchase a gun. Google the cases and you'll find Canada is bending over backwards for this and Trudeau has been the worst for allowing this. We need him out!!!!!!!


Not sure if you're just stirring the pot to create controversy, or if you're really fucking stupid.

There is NOT sharia law in Canada, it only seems that way...To implement sharia law would involve completely rewriting the Canadian constitution which is something every province and territory would have to mutually agree to, something that would never happen in a million years.


So Garf what part dont you understand or are you all about the personal attacks??? it doesnt take much of a search to come up with cases in Ontario like the guy who rented his basement suite out and they sued his ass off (with legal aid) because he didnt take his shoes off when he showed their place because in their world any place they pray in is sacred, and thats after they gave him permission to show it as they had given their notice they were moving out. And what about the PAL ticket. Its something that will slip into our law and you wont know what hit you.
I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, tequila into urine.
MIkeKG
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:32 am
Location: Victoria, B.C.

Re: just a question

Postby frank » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:41 pm

MIkeKG wrote: Canada is bending over backwards for this and Trudeau has been the worst for allowing this. We need him out!!!!!!!

Don't get me started on Trudeau.
Can anybody believe Trudeau gave 10 million dollars to a Muslim terrorist that confessed to killing one American soldier and wounding another. Trudeau's rational was the Americans treated him badly in that American prison for terrorist. Canada should have intervened because he was a Canadian citizen and young. So lets all of us Canadian taxpayers support terrorism with our taxes :roll:
frank
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:18 pm
Location: Irricana Alberta

Re: just a question

Postby Garf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:49 pm

MIkeKG wrote:
Garf wrote:So Garf what part dont you understand or are you all about the personal attacks??? it doesnt take much of a search to come up with cases in Ontario like the guy who rented his basement suite out and they sued his ass off (with legal aid) because he didnt take his shoes off when he showed their place because in their world any place they pray in is sacred, and thats after they gave him permission to show it as they had given their notice they were moving out. And what about the PAL ticket. Its something that will slip into our law and you wont know what hit you.

Those ARE NOT examples of sharia law, they may not even be examples of true stories, you should actually learn what sharia law is really all about before you start spouting off alternate facts....Yes some Muslims did try to impose sharia law in Ontario several years ago, but the government and the courts told the Muslims to bugger off. It can't and won't ever happen because of the way our Westminster Parliamentary system works. To have a completely separate set of laws to specifically cater to any specific religion would also require a separate government, that's not going to happen....especially since Muslms only represent 3.1% of Canada's population.
Keep the dream alive, hit the snooze button.
Garf
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: just a question

Postby MIkeKG » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:40 pm

Tell the guy who rented the apartment and sued him, Its coming Garf get ready Trudeau is giving farm away with us in it

van2pv wrote:
rafter wrote:So, Van, I would have thought that lifting the visa requirement and the asylum program would be two different things. You have seemed to lump them together. I don't understand that. I have read that if someone comes in through the asylum route; they would have medical benefits (even if it was going through the courts) whereas just coming in...no.

They are two different things.
Your question was whether it was a good thing. Of course it is. Canada's borders are not locked down like they might be in other countries. Legitimate people are given opportunities to visit Canada. If the newcomer will behave and follow the rules, they get into Canada if they meet the requirements that are applied to all potential border crossing individuals. I have already alluded to that in my previous comments.
Canadians are hoping that people who don't follow the rules will be screened out and turned around whence they came. Canada's border staff are detaining visitors whom authorities consider to pose a threat or lack proper identification, and those who seem unlikely to reemerge voluntarily for a future immigration hearing. Sometimes a few squeeze through, as is the case when new-comers arrive anywhere in the world.
I was a little more articulate on the asylum issue as that is where rules are strict. And yes, there are medical benefits to those who meet the asylum requirements. Humane countries with a social safety net do that. Regular visa entries do not include medical - you must be Canadian citizen for that or pay as you go just like Canadian visitors do in Mexico.
I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, tequila into urine.
MIkeKG
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:32 am
Location: Victoria, B.C.

Re: just a question

Postby Deepwater » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:26 am

Garf wrote:That's what the First Nations have been saying for the last 500 years.


Yes, the aboriginals were probably right.

People are pretty mobile these days, Christians and Muslims are said to be approximately 30% and 20% of the worlds population, perhaps not in your lifetime but it's inevitable that they'll all blend together and eventually come to some kind of agreement over their respective fairytale books that they apparently so strongly believe in and feel necessary to kill over.

In the meantime, there's another significant percentage who genuinely don't really give a shit. I don't think that book has been officially released yet.
Sooner I get off this boat I can fly home for a while...Pacifico time..
Deepwater
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron