half price drinks for ladies

just a question

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Re: just a question

Postby rafter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:53 am

Waltandjean, that is how everyone has viewed families, as just an example. What parents do to their kids is no one's business. I think you need to recognize that things go on in this world that can only be changed with an effort from the outside. But go ahead and crawl back into your hole.
rafter

Postby waltandjean » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:55 am

Well at least you didn't say anything about it "Taking a Village". Your analogy of parents to children and individuals to other countries is so childish that it's impossible to take it seriously. I don't know how many kids you raised but I helped raise 3. None of them liked many of the rules I imposed on them as children but I did it because I thought it was best for them, that's what a parent is charged with doing. Once they reached adulthood, the exact opposite took place. No more rules from Dad and no more advice unless it was asked for. Did I see them making some choices that I considered bad? Of course. I also saw and still see parents trying to control the lives of their adult children and I've never seen one that ended well. People in their 30's still living at home. Bad parents? No, horrible parents. The Mama bird kicks the chicks out of the nest for a very good reason. I didn't need to kick any out they all left at appropriate times in their late teens and early 20's. They have all subsequently thanked me for doing what I did. I have opinions about things that are going on in other countries just like most people do. I probably spend as much or more time as you do reading about current events. As an American, I do at times express those opinions to other Americans as I feel the right and need to do so. I don't feel a need to express those opinions about, say Canada, to anyone. Why would I, it's none of my business how they run their country. If you think it's necessary for you to express your opinion about what, in your opinion, is wrong with other parts of the world check the definition of narcissism. You know what they say about opinions and assholes: everybody has one. I choose not to share either with the world but some people just think theirs is so special they must be shared. I'll crawl back into that hole you think I live in and maybe, just maybe, you'll grow up.
Buen Dia
waltandjean

Postby frank » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:51 pm

frank wrote:
MIkeKG wrote: Canada is bending over backwards for this and Trudeau has been the worst for allowing this. We need him out!!!!!!!

Don't get me started on Trudeau.
Can anybody believe Trudeau gave 10 million dollars to a Muslim terrorist that confessed to killing one American soldier and wounding another. Trudeau's rational was the Americans treated him badly in that American prison for terrorist. Canada should have intervened because he was a Canadian citizen and young. So lets all of us Canadian taxpayers support terrorism with our taxes :roll:

I guess everybody is okay with the Canadian Government doing this and I'm the only one that is outraged :? :x :(
frank

Postby rafter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 pm

I was referring to beatings and other forms of abuse. And I do draw a correlation between that and say countries that are destroying the planet with mismanagement and pollution. They are both examples of acting contrary to what should be laws. Just as an abominable parent really has no right to inflict sexual abuse, so governments should be held accountable.
rafter

Postby waltandjean » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Yes, by their own citizens, not by do-gooders stirring up trouble and wars to get others to conform to what THEY think is the only sensible opinion. Remember, you got one, I got one and everyone has one. Just because you THINK yours is superior don't make it so.
waltandjean

Postby rafter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:11 pm

So sexual abuse of children is a cultural decision in your view?
rafter

Postby waltandjean » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:25 pm

rafter wrote:So sexual abuse of children is a cultural decision in your view?

No, and neither is not allowing menstruating Muslim women to pray with the others as the one picture showed when I Googled Sharia Law in Canada or women to leave the house unveiled. Genital mutilation, etc.are all reprehensible to me. The difference is I feel no compulsion to single out a country and then spend money to try and right the wrongs in that country. How did that work out for the US in Afghanistan? They still grow opium poppies, men molest young boys, women are 3rd class people and no real democracy. And how many thousands on both sides died? Ditto Vietnam, oh we must protect them from communism, how many dead there and now they are Communist. Until the local people have had enough and are ready to fight and die for changing their own countries no amount of do-good help will be effective. Save your energy and money for your own country.
waltandjean

PreviousNext

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...