half price drinks for ladies

Taxi drivers against Uber

Stick it here: Adults only.

Moderator: freeeye

Forum rules
C'est la vie

Taxi drivers against Uber

Postby MIkeKG » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:52 am

The Taxi drivers are sure threatened by Uber, maybe if they were a little more trustworthy there wouldnt have been a need to search out another option. But then who's watching the Uber drivers???
I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, tequila into urine.
MIkeKG

Re: Taxi drivers against Uber

Postby robertb » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:08 pm

i used Uber for the first time last week. I was in Las Vegas and we were going to meet some friends at Circus Circus. (They had kids and they wanted to do "Adventure Land"). I was at Paris. I ordered a Uber ride and went out to the portico in front of Paris. The Bell Captain told me that Uber was not allowed on to the Paris' property. I had to go north of the Paris, up a side street, by CVS Pharmacy. A little inconvenient, a little out-of-the-way, but we took the "ride-share option", $6.95, plus a $2 tip, $9, total for 2 people from Paris to Circus Circus. I checked a taxi fare calculator website and it said a cab would be about $20. The Uber driver said that the taxi business in Vegas is very powerful and they were doing what they could to get rid of Uber.
robertb

Postby waltandjean » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Anyone used it yet here in PV?
waltandjean

Postby jimbo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:49 am

Mr Hepting has the Facebook crowd riled up with his take on Uber . PV Rants n Raves .
jimbo

Postby Deepwater » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 am

I'm aware of Uber and I saw a protest by the cab drivers whilst I was on the way to Nuevo last week. I guess a lot of people will use it, I don't think I will. Sure, some drivers can be a pest and the cashless transaction aspect of Uber will definitely appeal. But when I hand over 100 pesos for a cab journey I naeively assume that 100 pesos ends up back in the local economy in some shape or form. Saving 20 or 30 pesos using Uber would give me no satisfaction at all knowing that Uber is not going to put much back into the local system.
Sooner I get off this boat I can fly home for a while...Pacifico time..
Deepwater

Postby rafter » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:42 pm

I just read in a PV online paper that the mayor shut down uber in the city. I am never certain if the dates on the web pages are right though.
rafter

Postby freeeye » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:26 am

Supposedly uber will be able to operate legally here in pv on Monday. There are ways for very, very large corporations to influence laws around here. :roll:

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Next

Return to Drunken Rants, Politics, Sex, Religion, Art, Melodrama, Psycho Babel. ...