half price drinks for ladies

What would you do?

Casual Puerto Vallarta discussions, avoiding Politics, Religion and and other 'serious' subjects.

Moderator: freeeye

What would you do?

Postby Ronald » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:13 pm

We have this most beautiful little grand-daughter who will be 2½ years old next month. She's really far advanced in language and mobility skills... ie: at the supper table the wife asked her if she wanted peas on her plate, and she replied with a proper break in the sentence... ' yes.... I do'. She watches everything everyone does, and does her best to replicate it when given the opportunity. She is soooooo smart.

So yesterday she was at our place and the wife decided to go outside and water the 40 year old evergreen trees we have in our front yard. After noticing that our granddaughter was standing alongside wanting to help, she turned the hose over to her and left her watering the trees.

One of the neighbors down the street has a bunch of friends with older vehicles who occasionally parks their vehicles in front of our place when his street area is full. (they live in a 4-plex where there is not enough parking, and the partiers go there quite a bit) Unfortunately he doesn't follow rules and likes to park his vehicle 'left side to curb'... parking tickets are rare in this town.. especially in the evenings so they get away with it.

So the wife comes back from doing something around the side of the house to see that a 2½ year old girl who has watched us fill our vehicles with gas, has opened up the gas cover of this vehicle parked at our sidewalk, somehow turned the little cover, and has put enough water into the tank that is spilling out the bottom..... who knows what the gas to water ratio is now.. The wife closes up the tank, shuts off the hose, and goes into the house. By the time I got home and heard what happened the vehicle was gone.

Suggestions?
Anything worth fighting for, is worth fighting dirty for
Ronald

Re: What would you do?

Postby freeeye » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:16 pm

Suggestions?

You need to get a life.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby yasky » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Sell the story to an American network and have your own reality show
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lime, ...and a shot of tequila.
yasky

Postby GeckoS » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:59 pm

And then you can pay for a few engines, Mr responsibility man.
"Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else's can shorten it."
-- Cullen Hightower

Open me http://www.fonozoo.com/eng/Hemidactylus.htm
GeckoS

Postby dlockesf » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:20 am

Check the deductible on your liability insurance. Karma requires you to fess up but if you don't like that principle, I have others.
dlockesf

Postby mizzoujack » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:25 am

Depends on your integrity, ron. Me, I'd have to "fess-up" and bite the financial; bullet.
You gotta admit, it's your fault cuz it;'s your family.
Pretty smart kid, just didn't know the difference at that age :wink:
If he hasn't started the car, the gas tank needs to be drained and fuel lines, etc. It's your neighbor, no brainer in my book :|
It may be recoverable if he didn't run water thru the engine. I once saw an asshole drive a brand new 4x4 across the Current river to a gravel bar, entire engine went under water, then the idiot says "let's see if it will start. I told him not to unless he drained all fluids first,, didn't take my informed advice. Engine was toast and it took 3 tow trucks to get the truck back across the river to haul off :evil:
mizzoujack

Postby kcowan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:59 am

Hey Ron that kid has attitude! Did she overhear you talking about the neighbours? A real "take charge" approach.

(Have you thought of taking her to the shooting range yet?) :lol:
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Next

Return to Chit Chat