half price drinks for ladies

Finally I am a "permanent resident."

Casual Puerto Vallarta discussions, avoiding Politics, Religion and and other 'serious' subjects.

Moderator: freeeye

Re: Finally I am a "permanent resident."

Postby Claymore52 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Congratulations Rick. Persistence pays off! :D
Claymore52

Postby jamie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:33 pm

if your photo on it is as bad as mine no one will believe it is you anyway. on another note. my car is sitting in an underground garage down there and when i get back down it will be totally illegal cos i am a residente permanente. i bet there are quite a few people like me who decided to wait and see. no way will it make the border (it's old and tired, like me) and i guess since it is illegal i may not be able to insure it like usual.....so, what to do. maybe i'll get lucky and they will just confiscate it and save me all the headaches of jumping through hoops, jajajaja.
“Charity should be blind to everything but need. Our personal feelings should not determine whose starvation is legitimate.”

Michael Redhill
Consolation
jamie

Postby freeeye » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Unfortunately, the photo does look like me. :|

My truck was "illegal" because it was manufactured in Japan (individuals are not allowed to import such vehicles under NAFTA rules - but car dealers may). This is the "cure" for my situation. Not sure about any "cure" for your car but there are many work-arounds here for almost any situation. My advice is to ask a Mexican.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby vermontchef » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:48 am

Congrats, Rick. I hope this means you have a 4 hour siesta every day and can shake your head when gringos say and do things that are incomprehensible.
vermontchef

Postby karenasue » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:34 pm

It took me 9 years, started with the old FM3 then Temporal and finally I morphed to Permanente this past June.

I think a Permanente party should be a future consideration. 8)
I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I am not.
karenasue

Previous

Return to Chit Chat