half price drinks for ladies

We are surrounded by fire

Casual Puerto Vallarta discussions, avoiding Politics, Religion and and other 'serious' subjects.

Moderator: freeeye

Re: We are surrounded by fire

Postby rabihorcada » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Well, in this instance, he really does not have much to say about the matter, having gotten his stubborn self in the dicey position of having to run the gauntlet of the fire gods. Is your wife mad at you, Ronald?
rabihorcada
Site Admin

Postby danny » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:59 pm

danny

Postby Ronald » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:13 pm

No she is not mad Sarah. I've got the best wife and partner in the world because she accepts my stupidity/stubbornness and does her own thing. She went to her mothers. My other daughter and her family and I went to our other daughters house down south. Her husband is back at work in the mines.. The baby of the family is fighting the fire at home (and apparently losing) so the army is now sending a thousand men to help.

The wife is going to have a lot of work when she gets back. It sounds like she lost a few rental houses in some of the smaller communities.... She just doesn't know which ones, and it's just rumor, because they have no phones or internet there. Apparently they just put new fibre optic lines in on the new metal power poles and the heat from the fire melted them.
Anything worth fighting for, is worth fighting dirty for
Ronald

Postby rabihorcada » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:41 am

Yes, Ronald, I have alot of respect for your wife, and you, too. I figured she would not be mad, actually. You both are very honest, up-front people and I doubt that either one would get away with bossing the other one around. That is a good way to be. I hope this fire does not impact you all too much, and that life gets back to some degree of normalcy soon.
rabihorcada
Site Admin

Postby Garf » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:03 pm

According to the news broadcasts, it's total chaos in Ronald's neck of the woods. Some fire expert that was interviewed thinks the fires may burn out of control until this winter. I truly hope you still have a home to go back to Ronald.
Shane.
Keep the dream alive, hit the snooze button.
Garf

Postby Ronald » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:30 pm

This totally sucks. Evacuated 8 days ago and not even an inkling that they might let us go home anytime soon. Our youngest son has tomorrow off so he is driving down to see us and drink some cold Pilsner that I bought today. He has been firefighting since it started and tomorrow is his first day off. The one fire just outside our town is supposed to be about 250,000 acres in size.

I've been told there are 6000 mature spruce trees per acre (don't know for sure) so that means that's one and a half million trees lost that could have been used to build more than enough houses for everyone not having one in this province.

I think our provinces guy as well give up trying to keep its balanced budget. Between the fire costs and the drought hitting the crops down south, I think we are pretty much fucked this year.
Anything worth fighting for, is worth fighting dirty for
Ronald

Postby eltiburon » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:35 pm

There's fires running rampant not just here but in neighboring Alberta and BC
Jalisco is sending help to Alberta
https://www.facebook.com/CanadainMexico ... 60/?type=1
"People with small minds who live in small worlds often think that the whole world is small."
Rick Hepting
eltiburon

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat