half price drinks for ladies

Grand Venetian Renter’s Be Aware

Condos, Apartments, Houses, Timeshares... Vacation or Long-term, for Rent or for Sale or Wanted in and around Puerto Vallarta.

Moderator: freeeye

Re: Grand Venetian Renter’s Be Aware

Postby waltandjean » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 pm

pnlibby wrote:I think this would be difficult to enforce.

If an owner pays their fees, it is difficult to tell them they can’t lend their condo to their second cousin once removed. It is difficult to prove these people are renters, not friends or relatives.

I agree it could be difficult to enforce if the owner only advertises on the bulletin board of the lone grocery store in Frostbite, Ca. Everyone understands the rules and they are just cousins. Hard to stop that one. However, the typical owner who rents has a property manager that is not hard to identify and usually advertises on the usual internet sites. It's quite easy for a Council member to check with Hacienda to confirm the owner is registered and is doing everything lawfully. That usually brings compliance.
waltandjean

Postby kcowan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:28 am

The difficulty with blowing the whistle on landlords who rent is that CFE can increase their rate to hotel levels and everyone pays a penalty. Once CFE decides, there is no recourse.
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby waltandjean » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:59 pm

kcowan wrote:The difficulty with blowing the whistle on landlords who rent is that CFE can increase their rate to hotel levels and everyone pays a penalty. Once CFE decides, there is no recourse.

Wow, that's one I have never heard. I'm sure you could give us a couple of examples of that happening. I do know that some condos are specifically set up as 'condo hotels" where the mgt. handles all the rentals and each owner chooses if and when to make their unit available. I have never heard of a building having its common area electric bill being changed to a commercial rate based on one or a few owners renting their places, but I always stand to be corrected.

As far as "Once CFE decides, there is no recourse.", we must live in 2 different versions of Mexico. My experience has been that no decision here is ever "final". YMMV
waltandjean

Postby kcowan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:22 am

Brisha and Ted dodged the bullet by switching to an animal rescue place part time. They explained how the commercial rates would ruin their B&B business. They had been discovered by their listing on the Internet.
https://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ja-puer ... nimas.html
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby waltandjean » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:53 am

kcowan wrote:Brisha and Ted dodged the bullet by switching to an animal rescue place part time. They explained how the commercial rates would ruin their B&B business. They had been discovered by their listing on the Internet.
https://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ja-puer ... nimas.html

What does somebody running an animal rescue place have to do with an owner renting out their condo unit?
waltandjean

Postby pnlibby » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:03 pm

It would be interesting to see how the Marina group fares in their struggle.

My only experience has been with trying to evict owners who do not pay their condo fees. Even that is difficult.
"Let your words be few and seasoned with grace". Mother Ann Lee, founder of the Shaker Movement.
pnlibby

Previous

Return to Rentals & Real Estate