half price drinks for ladies

Old Town Farmers Market changes

News about Puerto Vallarta

Moderator: freeeye

Old Town Farmers Market changes

Postby playapat » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:44 am

Was the the OTFM Saturday market management taken from Charlotte Semple by the city (or
neighborhood association)?
What is the story, how does this affect the vendors, what happened and why?
PV Mirror had some info in "She Said" on page 21 but is there more to the story?
Is this subject considered too delicate for public discussion?
playapat

Re: Old Town Farmers Market changes

Postby freeeye » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:38 pm

There were rumors last season that the city or the neighborhood association wanted to take over the market but I have no idea what is happening. Go on Saturday and ask....

When I was helping run the mardi gras parade and it had, after a handful of hard years, become successful, the city took it over both to make money and to make it more family oriented. It is now run by the city and real estate business people.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby edmontonmen » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:17 pm

City has taken it over and now called Olas Altas Farmers Market. Vendors were complaining about the previous operator and the rules and fees being charged. One lady told us the previous operator told her that her family was not allowed to come or sit at food table even if they paid to eat - tables were for gringos...rather draconian. Now the City and representatives from the Vendors run it - expect more local stalls soon is what we were told. Ask some of th vendors if your interested. Last Saturday everyone (Vendors) were happy as far as we could tell.
edmontonmen

Postby freeeye » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:11 am

...and this is the other side.

I was a seller at the market when it first started and I also did the first website for it for a couple of years. I can attest that Charlotte was very difficult to work with and her rules of operation were nazi-like.

That said, she accomplished what no one else could have in starting and running this market. While I disapproved of how she did it, I admire her greatly because she did it.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby kcowan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:39 am

Do you know what she is up to now?
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby playapat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:40 am

Charlotte was at the market yesterday in Carol's booth. Carol was selling bagel breakfast sandwiches in the upper
food court. Charlotte said they are planning to move back to Canada where she is going to write a book
about her experiences in Mexico.
playapat

Return to Puerto Vallarta News, Rumors & Gossip