half price drinks for ladies

Gasoline shortage?

News about Puerto Vallarta

Moderator: freeeye

Gasoline shortage?

Postby dlockesf » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:05 am

Is anyone seeing signs of a gasoline shortage in the B.Bay area?

[url]http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gasoline-shortages-could-get-worse/?utm_source=Mexico+News+Daily&utm_campaign=72380db9f0-December+27&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1536a3787-72380db9f0-349456789
[/url]

I'm hearing complaints about an upcoming price increase to about $15 per liter and one person near La Cruz said a station was out of Magna.
dlockesf

Re: Gasoline shortage?

Postby rafter » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:57 am

Gas prices will definitely be going up starting in January. Market prices will start determining how much we pay. It might help if there was a way to stop all the theft on gaslines in various states. It sounds like it is quite a lot of gas being sucked out. I wonder what happens to all that gas? I wonder where the black market on stolen gas is?
rafter

Postby freeeye » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:58 pm

There are already shortages of Magna here in Vallarta. Gas up now if you need to, but you may have to drive around a bit to find what you need.

The privatization of the gas business is going to really fuck with prices, much like the privatization of any service or industry does. This privatization begins on Monday.

Expect bus and taxi prices to go up soon to compensate for the gas increases. Also the inflation of the peso will help to increase the cost of foods and goods.

Mexico may be in for a rough ride for the foreseeable future. Many expect Trump to declare economic war on Mexico. Keep any savings in dollars.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby dlockesf » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:55 pm

There are already shortages of Magna here in Vallarta. Gas up now if you need to, but you may have to drive around a bit to find what you need.

No problems today in Nuevo.

Keep any savings in dollars.

That assumes the US doesn't go totally dysfunctional (and that US Banks don't vanish in a nuclear cloud).
dlockesf

Postby RichS » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:19 am

Arriving in P.V. for three weeks on Feb.11. 1st week we're staying in P.V. I always rent a car. The 2nd week we drive down to Manzanillo as I have done many, many times in the past. Then we drive back to P.V. I know this is probably hard to answer but does anyone know if I will have trouble getting gas anywhere between 2/11/17 and 3/1/17. I'm a little unsure of what I should do.
RichS

Postby freeeye » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:57 am

I would not worry about it unless you hear about a revolution here.

The problem with "shortages" was the stations hording gas until the price went up. It is up. No reason for shortages now.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby MIkeKG » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:04 pm

These poor people need a revolution in the worst way to get rid of the massive corruption, the only trouble with that is the next guy will be just as corrupt. Mexico is in for a massive restart me thinks
I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, tequila into urine.
MIkeKG

Next

Return to Puerto Vallarta News, Rumors & Gossip