half price drinks for ladies

Disappointing New Years City Fireworks Display

News about Puerto Vallarta

Moderator: freeeye

Disappointing New Years City Fireworks Display

Postby deepcove » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:49 am

The throng of 150+ boats anchored off the Malecon for the New Year's celebration were treated to a creative firework show but it started late and only lasted 8 minutes. Guess at least better than the year they all anchored there and there were no fireworks! City has to do better to maintain its tourist destination image.
Saturday night fireworks celebrating the centenary of Puerto Vallarta being a city was less creative but at least went on for 20 minutes or so.
deepcove

Re: Disappointing New Years City Fireworks Display

Postby van2pv » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:40 am

deepcove wrote:.... Guess at least better than the year they all anchored there and there were no fireworks! ....

Yes, let's just remember to be thankful that there were fireworks at all... and that they are free to those who didn't pay a penny to see, them nor lift a finger to organize the event. PV does a great job for its locals and for tourism.
Retired and pursuing paradise. If you laugh a lot your wrinkles will be in all the right places.
van2pv

Postby deepcove » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm

The real issue is: PV lives or dies with Tourism.
Imagine the economic benefits of hundreds of tourists in those boats and maybe thousands more on the Malecon going home and telling their friends " You have to go to PV to see the New Year's Eve Fireworks"
Sadly for the Director of Tourism it is unlikely they will do that based on last night's 8 minute performance - so unfortunately a lost opportunity for PV
deepcove

Postby Ann » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:47 am

In all my years of travelling to PV, I haven't once been swayed by their fireworks. I go for the sun, sand, cheap beer, and a break from the cold.
Any one up for a lime margarita?
Ann

Postby icabod06 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:22 am

I'd been happy to send down my many Mexican neighbors here in Hayward, Ca (47 % Latin) who shot off fireworks for a couple of hours at midnight. 8 Minutes sound good to this Old Fart! :D
icabod06

Return to Puerto Vallarta News, Rumors & Gossip