half price drinks for ladies

Truck Rental

Personal solutions for and questions about living in Vallarta.
Where to find it and how to do it.

Truck Rental

Postby pvjames » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:20 pm

I'd like to move some furniture from PV to Melaque (225 km to the south) soon. I need to rent a good sized truck that is covered, because part of the trip is through areas of road construction with lots of dust. Can anyone recommend a company with trucks that are in decent shape? Also, is it possible that I can return the truck to the Manzanillo office of the rental company?
pvjames

Re: Truck Rental

Postby waltandjean » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Sr. Google doesn't provide much help. If you find one, sounds like you would need a Mexican chofer's license to legally drive it. How about going into Sam's or Costco and talking to the independent people they refer you to when you need a delivery. Probably not your first choice but perhaps keep it in mind. Most of the franchise people you are thinking of probably won't have what you need and probably zero chance of dropping it in Manz. Not much demand here for do-it-yourself rigs with all the willing and able locals. Good luck.
waltandjean

Re: Truck Rental

Postby deepcove » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:37 am

A number of covered trucks often are parked behind Leys each morning and suggest you talk to them
deepcove

Return to Help | Needs | Wants