half price drinks for ladies

Cable for Internet

Personal solutions for and questions about living in Vallarta.
Where to find it and how to do it.

Cable for Internet

Postby edmontonmen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:50 pm

We live in Emiliano Cardenas in a rental - and cable tv and wifi is provided in our rent. Landlord couldn't care less about the poor wifi now or in upgrading the router- so we need to look at the cheapest provider we can buy high speed internet only. We don't really watch cable tv (its crappy TelMex channels anyway) and are really only interested in high speed - RELIABLE - internet that we can purchase and have installed with use by our router or theirs if the is right. The power and cable lines are right adjacent to our suite so an easy connect. We don't want a landline or cable tv just internet. Anyone have a suggestion as the most reliable service provider and monthly cost?
edmontonmen

Re: Cable for Internet

Postby waltandjean » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Best of Luck! We're not in Kansas anymore.
I have NO idea if that concept is available anywhere in PV, meaning high speed and stand alone internet. Telmex advertises fiber optic in some parts of our burgh.
waltandjean

Postby edmontonmen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:17 pm

After 43 years visiting and now living in Vallarta - I knew it wasn't Kansas - but then as a Canadian my whole knowledge of Kansas is the mention in the Wizard of Oz.

If I don't get a response from anyone else on internet service on this forum I will ask the all knowing Oz forum - Everything About Vallarta and get a few responses from people that either don't live here, have no clue, or there friends told them. Maybe it will be my lucky day and someone who knows will chime in. I can always hope.
edmontonmen

Postby Deepwater » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:56 am

There's a company in PV going by the name of PV Geeks. (www.pvgeeks.com) I have never personally used them but the reputation appears good. Perhaps through laziness, I've never changed my Telecable contract which morphed to IZZI. After a few teething problems I've never had any issues last couple of years so that would be my choice. I've got phone and TV as well as the internet for a variety of reasons but they do internet only packages. Failing all that, you could check out the Emerald City.Watch out for the scarecrow....
Sooner I get off this boat I can fly home for a while...Pacifico time..
Deepwater

Postby rdalla » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Others may know of stand alone internet, however I can say that the telephone and Internet with wifi router from Telmex is very good and reliable. Cost is 359 m.p. Per month.
rdalla

Postby Gilles » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:23 pm

You can try Cosmored they have upgraded their bandwidth speeds.
Gilles

Postby kcowan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:22 am

rdalla wrote:Telmex is very good and reliable. Cost is 359 m.p. Per month.
Are you sure about that? I have been paying 379 for 10 years!
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Next

Return to Help | Needs | Wants