A "few" questions :)

Every question is a good one. Not every answer is, tho...

Moderator: freeeye

Re: A "few" questions :)

Postby kcowan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Where is that new Pemex station? I thought it was near the Gardens?
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby chanti » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Wow, thanks so much for all your answers. I was away from home for a couple days dog sitting - this is awesome!

@dlockesf Would the bus stop be by Holiday Inn or further North? I think I might just go to Walmart to get to Sayulita just because I know what it looks like.

@Gringotim I'm still going to wear sunscreen - just wanted to know what others did. I don't really trust the tanning beds, but my sister lives by getting a tan before going anywhere hot. Since I plan on doing lots of outdoor things - I don't want to burn badly my very first day. I'll be vigilant about applying 30 mins prior to going out, thanks!

@fmr pnw Thanks Gayle! I don't plan on staying super late anyways. I think I gotta leave my paranoia at home as I doubt I'd somehow get stranded on an island where there are other tourists. I'll remember to cover up.

@van2pv I'd just hate for my phone to get stolen while I was in the water or something. It's actually my preferred method for pics because then I could upload them on to FB each night.

@iyamscifi2 That's really too bad about Sayulita, maybe I could visit, but avoid swimming - I've seen pictures and it looks beautiful. I may have to visit Playa Palmares -- bathrooms are very much preferred although I did enjoy Las Gemelas.

@jrdwdw Thanks Jim! Hope it's not dangerous to cross the 200, but I'll keep that in mind on my way back - taking anothers advise and bringing bug spray and good walking shoes.
chanti

Postby dlockesf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 pm

The bus stop for Sayulita I was mentioning is right at the foot of the pedestrian bridge that crosses the highway from the airport terminal. Just to be clear, you will be on the opposite side of the highway from the terminal. ATM, Compostela and city buses stop there and there is a bus controller of some sort usually there.

If you go to Walmart, you will be backtracking some. But I don't think there's an bus from the Marina that goes to the airport. Either way works.
dlockesf

Postby scotty » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Better to take the bus from the marina to Walmart & catch the Sayulita bus from there 40 p & will drop you off at the terminus in Centro Sayulita, 5 min to beach. Sayulita had a lot of sickness this season due to the amount of people there during high season & overloading of their sewage system. I think that issue will be gone along with the high number of visitors now.
If worried about possessions while swimming ? I assume you will be using one of the beach bars ( Cpt. Cooks) for drinks, seating, washrooms, etc ? Have a small bag with you & give it to the lady at the cash till to keep an eye on it for you while you swim. (Tip)
scotty

Postby chanti » Mon May 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Thanks for responding Scotty. I was actually already back in Canada when you responded. I ended up getting very sick on my 4th day in Vallarta so I thought what the heck and went to Sayulita anyway! I haven't been sick since and I'm glad I went as I thought Sayulita was both interesting and beautiful. I find it weird that people were suggesting cabbing from the bus terminal to the beach.. it wasn't a far walk at all. I enjoyed my trip a lot, thanks everyone :)

scotty wrote:Better to take the bus from the marina to Walmart & catch the Sayulita bus from there 40 p & will drop you off at the terminus in Centro Sayulita, 5 min to beach. Sayulita had a lot of sickness this season due to the amount of people there during high season & overloading of their sewage system. I think that issue will be gone along with the high number of visitors now.
If worried about possessions while swimming ? I assume you will be using one of the beach bars ( Cpt. Cooks) for drinks, seating, washrooms, etc ? Have a small bag with you & give it to the lady at the cash till to keep an eye on it for you while you swim. (Tip)
chanti

Previous

Return to Tourist Information