half price drinks for ladies

Cambios

Every question is a good one. Not every answer is, tho...

Moderator: freeeye

Cambios

Postby Bushman600 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Coming down soon. What's the current cambio rate for the Canadian $.
Bushman600

Re: Cambios

Postby LJM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:15 pm

We are in Ontario and will be arriving in PV on the 23rd. We find it is better to buy Pesos from a Canadian Bank before we go, as the rate is usually better than you get at the Cambios, however it takes about 4-5 days to have the Pesos delivered to your local Branch. Failing that the Cambio rates change daily and sometimes hourly. We also find that the south end Cambios do not give as good a rate as the ones further north around Leys Grocery for example. Hope this helps
LJM

Postby jrdwdw » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 am

Strongly suggest you use ATM's here to make your exchange. Do not use Camnios. You will get much better rate.
Jim

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. --Ben Franklin
jrdwdw

Postby EHHackney » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:41 am

I'll second jrwdw. We always use the atms. Convenient and good exchange rate. There are several in the airport along the right-hand wall as you come out of security. I assume they give the same exchange rate as the ones in town, though I haven't checked. BTW: We only use credit cards at Mega and Costco. Good exchange rate in both.
EHHackney

Postby frank » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Scotia Bank ATMS with a Canadian Scotia debit card is by far the best way to go. No service fees and I phoned my bank before leaving Canada telling them to up my daily maximum to 1000 canadian. Saved me trips to the machines and really good exchange rates.
But be sure to let them know you are going to Mexico or they will freeze your card after the first transaction. That is until you make the long distance call to unfreeze the account.
frank

Return to Tourist Information