half price drinks for ladies

Mordidas Reopening for Season 4 or 5...

News and Reviews

Moderator: freeeye

Mordidas Reopening for Season 4 or 5...

Postby Cafe Mordida » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:18 am

... I can't remember which. It's been so long it seems like forever and such a short time it seems like we just started..

On Thursday, October 12, Columbus Day in the US, Mordidas will reopen for it's 2017/2018 season with a VallartaScene meetup 99 peso buffet.

No, we won't be offering traditional Columbus Day specials like Italian food or East Indian curries.

Instead, we'll be serving BBQ, charcoal roasted chicken, baked macaroni & cheese, a veggie and some unnamed scrumptious dessert. The chicken will be smoked and roasted on our grills. The meal is all-you-can-eat for 99 pesos. (No doggie bags, take out or sharing, please.)

We've remodeled the bar a bit and changed the hours a bit, opening now at 5 pm instead of 6.

The old crew will be working: Alex, Sheyla, Roger, Rick & Sarah.

Noting is special about the "meetup" other than the meal, and everyone is invited. If you just want to socialize, you don't even have to purchase anything. It's casual.

On Friday we are serving Roger's Teriyaki Chicken (120 pesos) and on Saturday, the special is Prime Rib French Dip sandwiches (130 pesos). Sunday is our traditional "Ladies Drink for Half Price."

Next Thursday is our first Prime Rib Dinner of the season and this is by reservation only. Reserve now by emailing rogersprimerib@mordidas.com. These dinners usually fill up quickly. We had to increase the price a few pesos because the price of good beef has increased and it's now 250 instead of 225 pesos for this meal. Please see our website, http://www.mordidas.com/2208/prime-rib-night/ for more info on this dinner.

We've had a nice vacation and it will be good to get back to work.

For Oyster lovers, we have some bad news. Mexico has a harvesting moratorium on harvesting west coast oysters for a month or two. It's spawning season for the little buggers and, since the oysters here in Mexico are naturally bred, not bred in test tubes, they need a break. We could sell imported oysters but the price would at least double or we could sell illegally harvested oysters from the beach here. But we won't.

We will resume selling oysters as soon as the moratorium is lifted.
Cafe Mordida

Re: Mordidas Reopening for Season 4 or 5...

Postby Alaska » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:38 am

I am excited to be back and see our friends and to be working again with Rick, Sarah, Alex and Sheyla!
Alaska

Postby jureal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Hope the oysters are back in December....
jureal

Postby freeeye » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:36 pm

...so do I. Last year they were gone for about a month and a half.

The demand has increased exponentially the last few years. They are having difficulty keeping up. If I were younger, I'd seriously consider starting an oyster farm.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby PerroSucio » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:30 pm

freeeye wrote:...so do I. Last year they were gone for about a month and a half.

The demand has increased exponentially the last few years. They are having difficulty keeping up. If I were younger, I'd seriously consider starting an oyster farm.

We thought you were just a kid
No one is on their death bed wishing they had spent more time at work...
PerroSucio

Location: Transcona, Manitoba, & Colonia Benito Juarez , Jalisco, Pto. Vallarta

Postby Claymore52 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Rick

Guess not an oyster's hope in hell before November 7th?
Claymore52

Postby freeeye » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:09 am

All I can say is that we will have them as soon as we can.

I could buy imported oysters at 3 times the price or I could buy illegal ones at double the price.
I prefer to wait for my regular sources.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Return to Puerto Vallarta Restaurants & Bars