half price drinks for ladies

On the Road 2014/2015

Tell it like it is, or was.

Moderator: freeeye

On the Road 2014/2015

Postby phoenyxx » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Well - some might call us crazy, but we're coming back. Trailer is getting packed, last minute chores - you know - all that stuff you have to do before you leave it all behind. We're just hearing the call and have to go. We believe that what happened in March was a case of wrong place/wrong time and could realistically have happened most anywhere. This time the truck has a GPS tracker and an anti-hijack with 3 minute shutdown. Anyway, we are looking forward to spending at least a couple of months in PV and maybe a Thanksgiving thing ?? We'll be here when anything interesting is happening. A friend is taking a caravan south from Nogales at present and he says it's hot & sunny, so who could resist ? We'll be pulling out of here a couple of days into November - see you soon ! -R&V
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
- Richard Jeni (on going to war over religion)
phoenyxx

Re: On the Road 2014/2015

Postby Beth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Oh! I have only met you once, but love to hear of your travels (and travails...). Please continue to post.

Beth
Beth

Postby freeeye » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:24 pm

If you are nuts for spending half the year here, imagine what that makes us, spending the whole year here.

Please do thanksgiving with us. Same as before. Potluck...

I'd probably put a 10 minute shutdown on the truck, tho, just to give you oldsters enough time to get out of the way in case they come back for you and the unlock code.

As I write this Willie Nelson is signing on the stereo "On the Road Again." How is that for a sign?

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby rabihorcada » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:31 pm

I knew it. There is no stopping the intrepid, as long as there is a pulse....

Can't wait to see you two again.
rabihorcada
Site Admin

Postby phoenyxx » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:12 am

Looking forward to seeing you 2 again as well. Hopefully I have made a reservation already ? Rick, a 10 min shutdown widens the radius a lot. If they have no other transportation, I wouldn't expect to see them back since the horn and lights pulse for 90 seconds and they will be dead on the road, however, we don't plan to stand in full sight !
I didn't mention it before, but every Mexican we met after the fact apologized for this happening in their country.
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
- Richard Jeni (on going to war over religion)
phoenyxx

Postby freeeye » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:09 am

You have made a reservation.

I am just a coward when it comes to hijackers and I figured 10 minutes would still be recoverable and give me lots of time to hide. 8)

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby hamptonmeadow » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 pm

" There is no stopping the intrepid, as long as there is a pulse...."

Look forward to meeting these delightful people!
hamptonmeadow

Next

Return to Trip Reports