half price drinks for ladies

Jan. 8 - 18 report

Tell it like it is, or was.

Moderator: freeeye

Jan. 8 - 18 report

Postby abby2525 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:02 am

We were there for 10 nights. It was me, hubby and 4 kids (12, 9, 3 and 1). We stayed at the Canto del Sol. We had originally booked a condo just south of PV at Punta Negra, but this deal came up for two rooms ate CDS that we couldn't pass up. It was exactly the same price and AI. That was for 2 rooms. When we got there I knew they had 2 bedroom kitchen suites and asked if I gave up my two rooms would they give me one and they did. So wonderful with 4 kids. The rooms are basic, but clean and nice. New flat screen TV's (we had 3). Can't complain. Staff was great and we enjoyed a smaller resort for a change as we stay in big resorts in the Mayan and have stayed in Nuevo in PV.
WE were in the Vista del Sol in August and loved that, but wanted a break from cooking, etc. Great kids pool and decent food.
We ate at Coco's Kitchen which we always love and went to the market at the park and really liked that, but the kids got hot.
My favorite day was our trip to El Rio BBQ. We went on a Wednesday and heard Chris Kenny, ordered waaaaay to much food and played bean bag toss. My kids were so great and loved it all. We then walked thru Paso Ancho and just took in the sights and then took a cab home.
We did get screwed by one taxi rom CDS to the SS, but we had already loaded all 6 of us and the stroller and figured for the $3 extra bucks he was charging it wasn't worth it.
Only bad thing was hubby got violently ill with influenza and an insane fever. The hotel sent a doctor from San Javier hospital who was wonderful and this was at 3am. The security guard walked me to the pharmacy at 5am so I could get his medication as he needed it ASAP (his fever was 104) and we were leaving the next day, so him going to the hospital wasn't an option. The medication really helped and I was very impressed. I have used the hospitals in PV (unfortunately) about 4 times and they are wonderful. Great care. Our insurance will cover it all, so not worried about costs.
All in all we had a great trip, but I missed staying in a condo.
I've stayed in PV many, many times in 20 years (lots of times with work, but in the last 12 years, only with my family). We've stayed from Nuevo to Playas Gemales and love them all for different reasons.
Looking forward to our next trip:)
abby2525

Return to Trip Reports