half price drinks for ladies

SEAPAL

Tell it like it is, or was.

Moderator: freeeye

SEAPAL

Postby freeeye » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Last night we noticed that there seemed to be water bubbling up out of the middle of the street. I went to the SEAPAL website and saw that it no longer existed, having been hacked by some retard so I figured I'd wait until morning and then try to call them (I have a lot of trouble with Spanish over the phone).

Then it poured last night and we had a massive thunderstorm.

In the morning the SEAPAL website was back online so I emailed and reported the leaking.

An hour later men showed up and started working on it. In 2 hours a backhoe was here. In 3 hours the hole exposing the leak was finished and a dump truck arrived with a load of sand to fill it up when done.

Then the men took off the normal 2 hours for lunch. It is very hot and muggy here. They came back with a truck of pipe and began repairing the pipe (two types of pipe were broken, the main line and the individual line to our building.

In 6 hours the job was completed. We have water. I am totally impressed.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Re: SEAPAL

Postby Didley » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Wow, that IS a trip! I've been on the 'list' to have a new internet cable dug in, as it's spotty apparently. My local cable company routinely phones me, automated of course, to let me know my 'ticket' is still in the loop and they will be here sometime. My call to them was at least 6 months ago. Guess I know where I should be. But just for the water... :wink:
Didley

Re: SEAPAL

Postby Cathy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Having water is good! Not having Aqua in my colonia when living there for 3-4 months would be horrendous but I did get use to some outages for an hour or two! You do tend to adapt! Life is so much more enjoyable in PV just tuck your super expectations up your ass and enjoy the ride!
Cathy

Return to Trip Reports