half price drinks for ladies

HOTEL EL PESCADOR

The Opinions of people who have stayed at Puerto Vallarta hotels and the Questions of those who have not.

Moderator: freeeye

HOTEL EL PESCADOR

Postby gaylynn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:25 pm

any comments?
gaylynn

Re: HOTEL EL PESCADOR

Postby morepower » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:46 pm

downtown
At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT~
morepower

Postby freeeye » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:06 pm

I've stayed in its sister hotel, the Rosita a few times. The Rosita was nice and convenient if you like to be near the clubbing. It's kind of old and traditional inside.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby gaylynn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 pm

is it loud at night since it is near the clubs?
gaylynn

Postby freeeye » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:20 pm

The Rosita is loud if you get a room on the inland side. I really don't know about the Pescador since I haven't stayed there. I would assume that if you got a beach-side room, it would be fine and I doubt if even the land side rooms would be loud because it's a bit north of the malecon area (but still within easy walking distance). If I were coming down for a week or so and there were good prices at the Pescador, I'd probably go for it. Have you checked the tripadvisor reviews of it? Not to put us down, but there are many more hotel-oriented visitors to that site.

You have to remember that this is one of the oldest hotels in Vallarta. It's sister, the Rosita is the oldest. It IS Vallarta but it is not 5 star Vallarta.

A lot of people here on this forum are more long term: either expats, snowbirds or people who rent condos instead of hotel rooms. For a while I was doing a comprehensive review of the less expensive hotels here but I gave up, rented an apartment, then bought a house and moved here permanently, thus ending my hotel-review days.

"À chacun son goût"
freeeye
Site Admin

Postby gaylynn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:18 am

we are open to suggestions. we don't have lots of $$$$, just looking for the best bang for our buck. we aren't the huge resort kind of people. i like going to the bakery in the morning & checking out the smaller places to eat in the evening. i really would like to be able to get oceanside.
will check out the other source you mentioned.
also, would like to check out yelapa for a couple days.
gaylynn

Postby JRinPV » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:06 pm

El Pescador isn't old at all and it's a block away from the main drag, so noise is not an issue.
Saludos, JR
The Insider's Guide to Vallarta
Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost. --Ronald Reagan, 1980
JRinPV

Next

Return to Puerto Vallarta Hotels - Questions & Reviews