half price drinks for ladies

HOTEL CATEDRAL

The Opinions of people who have stayed at Puerto Vallarta hotels and the Questions of those who have not.

Moderator: freeeye

HOTEL CATEDRAL

Postby FUTURE-EXPAT » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Anyone have any info on Hotel Catedral? Its just North of the River, near the Cathedral, go figure huh. I booked 10 nights for my family and 5 for my inlaws. Website looks nice, price was good as was location, we stayed at Hotel Rio for the last two years and I liked it, but the wife wanted something new, Hotel Encino before that, and AI resorts prior to that. Its their first time down to Vallarta and my mother in law cannot walk far due to her heart. They are also much less adventurous then we are :roll: . I dont plan on hangin around the hotel much, but the folks are going to want to know whats around close to eat and such. I know the C - Monkey and Cafe Roma and it seems like either Tony Please or Si Senor is just over the bridge to the south? Cant remember. I also plan on cramming them into a cab and making them go to some places I like :twisted:. Probably Moro Pariso and Que Pasa (Michael), and if I can talk them into it a bus ride out of town for the day, maybe El Tuito, I really like it there for some reason, the trees and hills remind me of home, but I know its not, maybe thats it. Looking forward very much to 10 days in the sun. Be there in a couple weeks.
FUTURE-EXPAT

Re: HOTEL CATEDRAL

Postby hamptonmeadow » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 pm

I stayed there for a week in June. It cost $233 usd. It is very clean, but has no amenities at all. It is air conditoned. No phone, two bottles of warm water delivered to your rooom every day, fresh sheets and towels every day, internet. That is it. No help getting luggage up the stairs or any other staff to speak up except the desk attendant and an English speaking manager, if he is there. I really liked it. The rooms are Mexican in decor and very well done. I thought it was a great place if you are seeking economy and a nice atmosphere. But like I said no frills.

I would certainly stay there again if Ihad the need to do so. really a nice place.
hamptonmeadow

Postby waltandjean » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Cheeky Monkey is getting ready to close for low season if not already. Couple of days ago they had stopped serving food and the boss says when the beer is gone they are closing. Their other location just south of the river, Sea Monkey will remain open all summer.
waltandjean

Postby jrdwdw » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:16 pm

From there you are in very easy walking distance to many good places to eat that will be open. No worries. You might want to look into locating a wheel chair, if she is not bringing one. With the new malicon and sidewalks, it is much easier to get around now than it was only a few years ago. Wherever you choose, you should probably assure AC for her, or it might be extremely uncomfortable.
Jim

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. --Ben Franklin
jrdwdw

Postby iyamscifi2 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm

this is an old post
iyamscifi2

Postby rabihorcada » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks, Dee. :shock:
rabihorcada
Site Admin

Postby jrdwdw » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:54 am

iyamscifi2 wrote:this is an old post

Leave it to Dee to catch a detail like that! :lol:
Jim

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. --Ben Franklin
jrdwdw

Next

Return to Puerto Vallarta Hotels - Questions & Reviews