half price drinks for ladies

Budget hotel for me alone in Nov.?

The Opinions of people who have stayed at Puerto Vallarta hotels and the Questions of those who have not.

Moderator: freeeye

Budget hotel for me alone in Nov.?

Postby abby2525 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:25 pm

I have booked my air for November and am trying to decide between a few hotels. Totally budget, but clean and safe and hopefully a pool, but not necessary:) Looking at PDR, Tropicana (a big high for me I think), Emperador? Any thoughts? Only 4 night getaway for me alone (female). Been to PV 20 plus times, but have never stayed budget alone. Always resorts or condos.
TIA:)
abby2525

Re: Budget hotel for me alone in Nov.?

Postby abby2525 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:05 pm

It will cost me $16 more to stay at the Tropicana over the PDR actually and more at the Emperador. I thought it would be more, but I get a pretty good agent deal. The Trop is up a little, there is no problem for a single female walking up there at night do you think? Probably a little tipsy.lol. What do you all think? I haven't walked up that road in a while, only on the beach to check it out last June.
abby2525

Postby safaree » Thu May 07, 2015 6:47 pm

The Eloisa has ocean and Lazaro Cardenas park views from the shared balcony and is in a great location. Posada de Roger is on Basilio Badillo a couple of blocks from the beach, but can be noisy. Both have pools on the roof. I like the Tropicana because of the beach and pool, but it is a little further from the action.
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…” Ralph Waldo Emerson
safaree

Postby waltandjean » Thu May 07, 2015 8:13 pm

abby2525 wrote:It will cost me $16 more to stay at the Tropicana over the PDR actually and more at the Emperador. I thought it would be more, but I get a pretty good agent deal. The Trop is up a little, there is no problem for a single female walking up there at night do you think? Probably a little tipsy.lol. What do you all think? I haven't walked up that road in a while, only on the beach to check it out last June.

That stretch of Amapas is quite safe and you can always use the beach route. Taxis are almost always there or right on the other side of Amapas. Never heard of a single problem there.
waltandjean

Postby Cathy » Thu May 07, 2015 9:18 pm

Best deal I ever had was at Eloisa! I booked high season and got a much better deal for the week booking thru Sunwing than directly with the hotel as you know they buy blocks of rooms! Sorry I had never tried them before as I loved it!
Cathy

Postby abby2525 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:09 am

The Eloisa is cheaper than the others but I know nothing about it. Will look into that one . Going thru sunwingbis the cheapest way for me and gets it in Canadian $ as who knows what our $ will look like then???
Off to research Eloisa:) bodes anyone think it's nicer or not compared to trop?
abby2525

Postby Didley » Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

abby, I just returned from a 2 week stay at the Roger. Actually just emailed them thanking them for our stay. I love the Trop as well, but of those 2 choices, for 4 days, I'd pick the Roger mainly for location. Adding the Eloisa to the mix, if you can get a deal, go for it. It was on my recent choice, but cost was quite a bit more. Just note that the rooms vary considerably at the Eloisa. (Actually the Roger too, tho they will let you look at what is available & choose)
Didley

Next

Return to Puerto Vallarta Hotels - Questions & Reviews