half price drinks for ladies

Budget hotel for me alone in Nov.?

The Opinions of people who have stayed at Puerto Vallarta hotels and the Questions of those who have not.

Moderator: freeeye

Re: Budget hotel for me alone in Nov.?

Postby abby2525 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks Didley. I just found with Sunwing I can do the Roger for $45 Canadian inc. tax for my nights, so it work out cheaper than Eloisa and cheaper than the Trop by $72, so I think I will go with that. I have emailed them to see if they can get me a room facing BB with a small balcony. Noise doesn't bother me at all, so that is no worry for traffic anyway:)
Thanks;)
abby2525

Postby Didley » Fri May 08, 2015 4:08 pm

That's great abby. I can't do the Roger thru sunwing here in Ont. But they have some pretty good prices for the Tropicana at times. The balconies at the Roger are great for people watching. Ask Dario for one without bars over them tho. I'm sure it would be no problem.
Didley

Postby abby2525 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Why can't you do the PDR with Sunwing? As an agent, I just pull up their prices, doesn't matter where they are from? Sometimes our agent site has more properties than the customer site has and that might be why?
abby2525

Postby Didley » Fri May 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Actually, now you have me curious. Where are you flying from abby. Only asking, as it's funny sunwing would book the Roger from some places, and not others.
Didley

Postby Didley » Fri May 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Hmm. Not sure why, but the Roger is not listed under hotels on sunwing. I've just booked direct with the hotel in the past. They may want to upcharge you for a balcony if you have booked third party. Just a heads up.
Didley

Postby abby2525 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Ahh, I'm doing hotel only and booked the flight with WJ. When doing hotel only with Sunwing they have tonnes more hotels than they sell in their packages. I have spoken to the Roger about requesting a balcony and via third party they are going to let me know if they will give me a balcony (they have to talk to Sunwing). If not I will pay the $47 rate for one as it only works out to $56 Canadian more, but I really want a balcony:)
abby2525

Postby Didley » Fri May 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Ahh. So that 47 US is the rate I paid. It really is quite fair considering the place. And you will get your balcony. Enjoy! :D
Didley

PreviousNext

Return to Puerto Vallarta Hotels - Questions & Reviews