half price drinks for ladies

Sunset Plaza

The Opinions of people who have stayed at Puerto Vallarta hotels and the Questions of those who have not.

Moderator: freeeye

Sunset Plaza

Postby Albertahearts » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:26 pm

Has anyone been here? I've only been to PV once about 4 years ago and stayed at the Villa Premiere. It was beautiful but more expensive because it is adults only. I believe in changing it up a bit, so I almost never stay in the same hotel anytime I go anywhere.

From the maps, Sunset Plaza looks like it's exactly midway between the Marina and the Malecon. I'd appreciate any information on the venue and surrounding.

Thanks in advance. :)
Albertahearts

Re: Sunset Plaza

Postby sampati » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:47 am

I lived a couple of blocks from the Sunset Hotel but I have never been inside of the hotel. It is in a location that is close to all shopping, Soriana, Mega, Plaza Caracol, Subway Sandwich Shop, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Goodyear, Golds Gym, and many other popular restaurants and businesses. It is within a short walk of Blakes Sports bar and Tsunami, both excellent restaurants. We loved the neighborhood, bus access is very easy and everything is nearby. Yes, it is not far from either the Marina or Downtown. It seems to be a fairly new property and the ocean side should be in good shape as it is on the same strip of ocean shared by other really large expensive hotels like Secrets, Now, and others like that. Like I said, I have never been inside of the Sunset but the location, in my view, is really good if you want to be close everything.
sampati

Postby rafter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:36 am

Off topic a bit but the restaurant Tsunami was mentioned. I never went there but heard it was great sushi. They are no longer in that location. Have they relocated or maybe moved to Queretaro? Thanx.
rafter

Postby Blakesbar » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:11 am

We have stayed there several times and you will not be disappointed.
Great Location, great staff and food
Blakesbar

Postby safaree » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Tsunami said they were going to move - Facebook page shows an address on Fluvial
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…” Ralph Waldo Emerson
safaree

Postby rafter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 pm

Yeah, I tried to find it in Fluvial but couldn't.
rafter

Postby Albertahearts » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Thank you Sampati! That is excellent information. I've been to Mexico a few times but never used the busses until a trip last year to Manzanillo. Now I think it's the best way to go.

Knowing it's close to so many things is very helpful! :D
Albertahearts

Return to Puerto Vallarta Hotels - Questions & Reviews