half price drinks for ladies

Emperador and suites

The Opinions of people who have stayed at Puerto Vallarta hotels and the Questions of those who have not.

Moderator: freeeye

Emperador and suites

Postby deeker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:02 pm

Hello, we're staying at this hotel and was wondering if anyone else has stayed there? Looking for opinions of the hotel etc. We've stayed in the area quite a bit in the past and have always wanted to try this hotel. Is the restaurant, 'Si Senor' worth a try? Its been a few years since we've been down to PVR. Looking for returning :D
deeker

Re: Emperador and suites

Postby corona4me » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:43 pm

Thinking of staying there next X-mas-New year. Please give a review after your stay.
corona4me

Postby kcowan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:32 am

The hotel reminds me of the expression "you get what you pay for!" - cheap for where it is.

Si Senor has been inconsistent. You have to be prepared to put up with slow service (but you are sitting on the beach).

We were there for a friend's birthday party and food and drink service were excellent. Before that we went with friends for dinner and were disappointed. You have to be prepared to say no to cute little Mexican vendors of flowers and trinkets repeatedly.

Don't order a "traditional" marg if you want a regular one. Traditional is a higher quality tequila.
For the fun of it...Keith -
kcowan

Postby deeker » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:05 pm

corona4me- will do

kcowan- yeah, definitely cheap for the area, but we do not really spend a lot of time in any hotel that we stay at. I think we paid $1000 cad for the week. We have stayed at the San Marino quite a few times in the past and now we're looking for places with kitchettes etc. Thanks for the info about the restaurant.
deeker

Postby eltiburon » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:18 pm

This is a review I did on Emperador a few years ago...hope it helps!!! Any other questions feel free to ask!

As a frequent visitor to PV I knew what to expect from a traditional Mexican hotel.
The hotel is right on Los muertos beach, the close proximity to the beach, many restaurants, pubs/bars, and reasonable walking distance to malecon make this hotel a most primo location. I had a suite room with gorgeous ocean and sunset views. A kitchenette on the balcony which I liked, was basic with a larger fridge,stove and sink...utensils were available from front desk on request.
The room was large with a fairly cozy king size bed ( I had back surgery 1 1/2 years ago and still managed a comfortable sleep)
Bathroom was a Nice size with a glass sliding door in shower, a/c worked well and also had cable tv.
There were 2 computers for use to guests downstairs in lobby, towels for the beach were available at the front desk.
There is a kinda private lounging area with chairs for tanning on the roof and a jacuzzi but it looked like it had been out of service for some time.
Maid service was consistent and front desk people were pretty helpful.
In general this is a basic no frills hotel in a location most would love to have, definitely good value for what you get.
"People with small minds who live in small worlds often think that the whole world is small."
Rick Hepting
eltiburon

Postby deeker » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:36 am

Thanks! Will do :D
deeker

Postby deeker » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Hello, just wondering if the jr. suite comes with cooking pots, pans, dishes etc...thanks.. :)
deeker

Next

Return to Puerto Vallarta Hotels - Questions & Reviews